Tuesday, November 24, 2009

3 weeks and 3 days...

Yes, I am still counting down until graduation day.

I can't believe it is sooo close! My grades are much better, and the group projects seem to be going well. So, overall I'm happy with my progress.

I've already done most of my Christmas shopping (Thank God for online stores!), so now I can focus on finishing this semester strong. I've had all of the presents shipped to Texas, since that is where we'll be this year, and I have only a few here that I need to wrap then box up and ship down south. On Sunday I even put up our tree and some other Christmas decorations, so I am all ready for the holidays. I probably won't be doing any Black Friday shopping this year so I can spend that time on assignments and with John's family.

His dad will be going to Arizona early this year, so we won't see them after the next couple of weeks. They've been talking about going down early for years, so it was only a matter of time before it actually happened.

Other than that, things are the same around here. John has been working hard and hunting in his spare time. I have been focused on school assignments.

Baby W is also doing well (today is 16 weeks and 1 day). At our last appointment we got to have another ultrasound, and the baby has definitely grown. Our next appointment will be on graduation day morning. They gave me the option of picking the day that week and since it will be finals week, I picked the 18th since I won't have anymore exams to study for or assignments to finish, because I WILL be finished! Then on the 21st we have our appointment at the hospital for an ultrasound tech to check Baby W's measurements and such, also at that time we should be able to find out the gender if we so wish. This is such an exciting time!

Also, 4 weeks from today we'll be flying down to Texas for Christmas. Can't wait since I haven't been in Texas for Christmas since 2003. It will be weird not to have snow on Christmas morning, but I think we can manage. :)

4 comments:

Carin said...

Hey, stranger things have happened. Last year we had snow in December! If you and Dylan wish really hard it might happen...but don't hold your breath.

The J&M W's said...

Oh no, definitely not wishing for snow. Once it gets here, it won't go away for at least 3-4 months.

Inviting Company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knitterella said...

So exciting for you to be nearly done with school! Thinking about you and wishing you the best. Miss you! We all need to get together soon.