Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm a loser...

;)

Well, I feel like I'm at a point in this journey to blog about it now. I didn't do it earlier because I was afraid that I would jinx myself, but now that I'm about a month in I feel like I'm in the clear and committed to my goal.

I've been eating right and working out...and, here's the kicker, it's actually working!!! I have lost 5 pounds thus far. I am now under my pre-pregnancy weight!

Back in November I signed up at Spark People. I didn't reallly stick with the program then, but just randomly tracked my calories and exercised on the rare occasion. I was not serious about my goals (the holidays may have had something to do with that).

Then right around Christmas and New Years something clicked. I can't pinpoint what that was, but whatever happened it really made a difference. I'm tracking all of my meals and snacks and I workout 30 minutes 4 or more times a week (this week it was 6 times). I weigh myself daily to keep myself focused. If my weight stays the same or is lower than the previous day I know I'm doing something right and to keep going. If my weight is up I know that I've let myself slack a little and need to refocus.

I'm very proud of myself because I have been struggling with this for about 7 years (since I left Texas), and now I feel like I'm really making a difference. My goal isn't to only lose weight and look great. I also want to set a good example for Henry, and any other future children we may have. John also seems to be encouraged by the example that I'm setting as he had me set up his own Spark People account today.

For those of you who have never heard of Spark People, it is a FREE online service that helps you set your weight loss goals and gives you guidelines on how to achieve them. It's really great, and there's also tons of online support in the community message boards.

No comments: