Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This thing can suck!

In preparation of our little one, we decided it was time to get a new vacuum cleaner. Our old one (which is only 6 years old) just wasn't doing its job anymore. So, the store with the most deals (Kohls) sent me an email last week about 20% off of your online purchase PLUS free shipping. Well, those kinds of deals are just too hard to pass up so we went online shopping for a new vacuum. Low and behold they were already on sale, so that meant the sale price plus the discount AND the free shipping. Woohoo...Jackpot!

Anyway, our new vacuum showed up yesterday evening and was put to use first thing this morning. I wanted to see just how good this thing was so after I vacuumed each room I took a picture of the dirt container and then emptied it for the next room.

Here are the results:

The first room I tackled was our living room...



Next was the hallway...


Then the nursery...


On to our bedroom...


I am honestly amazed. For one, because of how much dirt this thing picked up, and two, because of how much dirt there was to pick up! I am so glad that we decided to get a new vacuum, because now we can keep our house that much cleaner for our little one!

OH, for those wondering...we purchased the Bissell Lift-Off Multi-Cyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum. Regular price was $219.99...we paid $143.99 (plus tax). Gotta love Kohls!!!

2 comments:

Carin said...

I have the same one and paid $89.99 at Walmart. And it does SUCK! : ) I do not like the pet hair attachment thingy. NEVER EVER accidently suck something that's not hair or dirt into it. It will get stuck and break.

The J&M W's said...

Ok, you may have a Bissell, but you do not have the same one as me. I just had to check out Wal-Mart's vacuum selection to make sure that they didn't have this exact one for $89.99...and they do not. Phew!!! :)

I'll keep in mind your tip about the pet hair attachment thingy. :)