Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nesting...

This nesting business is playing tricks on my mind. Every now and then I get urges to clean the house, organize, disinfect, etc...but then it goes away. When I get the urges I think "Woohoo! Maybe he'll be making his appearance this week!"...but then nothing! I know I'm still early, so I'm not completely expecting him to arrive before his due date, but it would be nice.

We've tried a few of the old wives' tales to see if anything happens, not in a desperate attempt to induce labor, but more of a "Well, it wouldn't hurt to try" kind of thing. Last week I rode the 4-wheeler for a short while, I walked at the mall for a couple of hours on Saturday and yesterday I made a spicy garlic chicken stir-fry thing.

Obviously we haven't seen any results from these efforts. But it could be considered proof that he will come when he's ready, which is what I've said all along.

I just hope he doesn't take too much longer. I'm looking forward to the day where I can get up from the couch without much effort, scratching my feet when they itch because of all of the blood flow, getting dressed without it becoming a balancing act, seeing my ankle bones again, etc...

So, little one, if you are reading this...Momma loves you and wants you to be happy, healthy and comfortable, but eventually if the show doesn't get on the road she will evict you! (In all honesty, I really hope he comes on his own...sooner rather than later!) :)

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

I'm so excited for you! I keep checking FB and your blog everyday incase I miss something. Can't wait to meet you Baby W!