Friday, July 2, 2010

So much to do...

There's so much that I want to do and have the energy for...but not necessarily the time.

Since giving birth I feel so much better than I did during the last months/weeks of my pregnancy. I no longer have to use the restroom 3x's an hour (not that I'd have the time to do that anyway with a newborn). I can get up comfortably from any sitting position and walk around without holding my belly afraid that an 8 lb baby was going to fall out at any given moment. I have the energy to take a shower, apply makeup and do my hair...although, having the time to complete these tasks is usually the problem.

So, here are the things that I want to do...I must warn you, though, that they're aren't very exciting.

- Pack away my maternity clothes
- Bring out my summer clothes (the ones that will fit, anyway)
- Organize my kitchen cabinets better
- Reorganize the food in our cabinets so that we can actually see what we have (we don't have a pantry...just cabinets)
- Go through our bills and other mail (I hope nothing is past due!)
- Declutter our house in general
- Write Thank You notes

See? I told you they weren't too exciting. Anyway, I'm sure that I'll get to them at some point.

Since giving birth I've also lost 60% of the weight that I gained (see why I feel much better?!), but I still have some left not to mention I was a little heavier than I wanted to be before getting pregnant. So, two days ago I signed up for Weight Watchers. It's not so much about losing the weight, but I want to make sure that I lead by example and eat healthier for my family. John and I don't have horrible eating habits, but they could definitely use an improvement.

2 comments:

meganruth09 said...

Are you nursing Henry? If so, you probably shouldn't go on a diet. I was told this when I was breastfeeding, that you need lots more calories because the baby takes most of them from you, and you get the leftovers! So if you are nursing, let nature take it's course and I'm sure the pounds will drop off easily. If not...go for it!!

HOpe you're enjoying being a mommy! Think of you often. Love, Meg

The J&M W's said...

I am nursing. Weight Watchers plan allows for extra points for mothers who are nursing. I definitely won't starve myself, and if I'm hungry I'll eat no matter how many points I have left for the day. Henry isn't starving, either...he's almost 12 lbs!!! :)

And I am loving being a mommy! He amazes me every day!!!