Panic, anxiety and nesting. OH, and there was a spider crawling on the wall in my kitchen. Unfortunately for him his stay was shortlived.
The others I'm surprised at their arrival, I wasn't expecting them for a few more weeks. I'm 35 weeks today, so technically I have 5 weeks left, but at this point Baby W could arrive at any time. Although I hope he cooks for a little while longer so that I have time to get everything done that I need/want to. And so he'll be a healthier little guy!
This could have all been brought on by the fact that I may have to buy a new stroller and soon. See, last fall we had a rummage sale and friends of my sister in law had a Graco Travel System they were giving away. They made us an awesome deal (maybe $30 for all of it) so we of course couldn't refuse.
Well, over the weekend we went ahead and installed the car seat into my vehicle and the extra base into John's, however it does not seem that safe. We were able to lift up the base at the front and also move it from side to side. I'm thinking that if we ever got into an accident, the baby would not be safe.
So, I've spent some of this morning researching stroller systems and finding a user manual for the stroller system we already have (we were not given one when we purchased is last fall). After much frustration I decided to give the local police station a call (no, not to turn myself in for preventitive negligence), but because they can inspect if they've been installed properly or do the installation themselves. Once they call me back to make that appointment, I'll see what they say about the car seat & base. Hopefully John & I just didn't know what we were doing when installing it and won't need to buy a new one. But if we do need to, then we will.
So, that was the panic and anxiety portion of my visitors.
On to the nesting...I've had the motivation for cleaning/organizing the house, but haven't always had the energy. I have energy today, so I'm hoping it sticks around for a while so I can get my long "To Do" list DONE!
Although for now I've got to head out to a furniture store in search of a rocker/glider for the nursery. My father in law and mother in law have generously offered to buy one for us, all we have to do is find one. So, I better get going before they retract their offer.
Also, on my way there I'm also going to stop by Starbucks for a Caramel Frappucinno because panic, anxiety and nesting could always use caffeine!!!
Download ForeverSave Mac latest Version
7 years ago

2 comments:
I definitely recommend getting the carseat checked by a fire dept or police officer who is trained to do this. In the classes I took at my hospital, they said that 95% of car seats are installed incorrectly...that doesn't give us much of a chance to get it right the first time! I bet you can get yours fixed without having to buy a new one if you get it checked out by a trained carseat technician. We thought we had done ours correctly and DJ had it in there SO tight it wasn't moving, but when the hospital technicians checked it, there were a few things they did differently....Good luck!
Thanks Meg! I took it to the police station yesterday and they reinstalled it for me. It is SO much tighter in there, and definitely safer. So, no need for us to buy a new one now. Woohoo!
Post a Comment