Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Got milk?

Nope! As a follow up to my previous post, I am no longer pumping. This decision was made rather quickly on my return trip to Michigan.

I ended up taking my pump with me to Texas. I wasn't going to, but then I thought it might be needed, so it'd be better to have it than not. I continued to pump while I was there, even though I didn't do it consistently.

So, as I'm checking in for my return flights, somehow my bag gained 9 pounds (5 pounds over the allowed limit) since I left Michigan 8 days prior. Crap! Well, to check my bag as it was I would have had to pay $90, and I wasn't going to do that. So, luckily my Dad was standing right next to me. I found a few things that I knew I could live without until they were either shipped to me or delivered personally by my parents and then I came across my pump.

From the previous Friday to Monday I only pumped once and only got 1 ounce. So, I guess I was done. Out my pump came from my bag and thus began my new life with a little more freedom.

For the last week I've enjoyed not having to pump every two hours and to constantly be cleaning the pump acessories. Although, I did tell myself before that once I am done pumping I will use my extra time to exercise. That hasn't exactly happened yet, but I think we're getting closer. It takes a few days to get back in the swing of things when you've been gone for 8 days and have a 6 month old.

No comments: