Sunday, October 12, 2008

The daily life of J&M





Well, I wish I had something really exciting to report, but unfortunately I don't at the moment. I noticed I hadn't posted anything in a week, so I thought that I should.


John is out hunting again this morning. Last Sunday he did hit a deer, but didn't kill it. That we know of. He came home shortly after he shot it so that I could help him find it. Now most of you should know that I have no experience in tracking deer. But for 2 1/2 hours I tracked, and was actually better at spotting the tracks than him. However, the deer was never found. Can't say that I was disappointed. I wasn't really looking forward to finding a dead deer on the ground, or worse, an angry deer ready to fight!


This week was pretty much the same for me...homework, school, housework...BUT I did get an interview with an accounting firm in the town I live in. The firm seems like a great place for me to work and get experience. And when I graduate I'd love to get a permanent job there. It's only 10 minutes from my house, which means that I'd be saving in gas each week, and in the winter it won't be such a big deal if there's a huge snow storm. So, that was my excitement for the week. I should hear back from them by this Friday, so hopefully it will be a YES!


This weekend we've had a lot of fun, too. Friday was spent going out to dinner with our friends who just got married. What an exciting time for them?! They're doing great and I hope to see more of them now that they're both in the area. Yesterday I walked with "Making Stride Against Breast Cancer". It was great to see so many people there. Some survivors, some still battling, and the rest there for support. My sister in laws mom was just diagnosed in August, so I was there with my sister in law, niece and a cousin in law walking for my SIL's mom.


Last night we had John's brothers and their families over, plus his dad and wife. It's always so nice when we can get together and just hang out. John spent the afternoon clearing out the dead branches under our big pine trees, so we used the branches to make a bonfire in our backyard. Nobody sat around the fire, of course, because it was so big. Oh well, it was pretty to look at anyway.




1 comment:

BettencourtFamily said...

UPDATE!!! what is going on with you!! love you.