I haven't had a whole lot to report lately, but here's an update on what we've been up to.
I haven't heard anything back from any of the jobs I interviewed with. I plan on contacting the person who interviewed me later this week to see if they've made a decision. We're just over half way done with the semester. Seven weeks from tomorrow will be my last exam day. I'm not counting, though. :) I've been itching lately to do some re-decorating in my home, but waiting on the hubby to finish some of his projects so that I can move forward with mine. I know my sister doesn't think I have a life outside of school and housework, and thinks a pony would liven up my life, but she should know that her ponies are not welcome here, and that I am very much a busy person, which is why I look forward to the times I can just hang at my CLEAN house and not have anything to do. Anyway...
John doesn't have much going on right now, either. He went hunting a couple of times last week, but only saw a few deer, and didn't take any shots. In a couple of weeks he is going to Ohio for a guys hunting trip (obviously not a girls' hunting trip) for a long weekend, and I know he's very excited about that. He's starting to work in the basement again, and when it's completely done we'll have a full bath down there, a wet bar...basically more gathering space for when we have friends and family over. We have a smaller home, so it will be nice to have that extra space for when we entertain.
We don't have children of our own right now, but we do have two very spoiled cocker spaniels, Misty and Waldo (although we usually call him "Wallie" now, unless of course he's in trouble). Waldo is a really funny dog, with quite the personality. When we're in the living room watching t.v. and another dog or animal comes on, he runs to the t.v. and starts whining and barking, like the thing is in our house. It is so darn cute! Before we bought him, one of his best friends was a beagle. Apparently the beagle taught him how to howl, so when he gets excited, or very hungry, he begins howling at the sky like a beagle. Incredibly funny, I should try to get it on video sometime. Then tonight I realized that he must have had some yoga training in the past. Like all dogs do, they stretch when getting up from laying down or sleeping. Tonight I watched him do this and he put his front paws out, like in the child pose with his butt in the air, and then in one swift motion he pushes his body forward (with all four paws still in place) and stretches out his back legs. I guess instead of calling him "Wallie", we should have been calling him "Yogi"!
The picture attached is of the field behind my father in law's house. The fall colors were absolutely beautiful! I'm glad I took the picture, because it won't last much longer. I checked the 10-day forecast for our area, and they're calling for rain/snow showers next Monday. Are you kidding me?! It's not even Halloween yet! I know, of course, that the snow won't stay, but still...it's just too early to be dealing with this. Ugh, I guess that's life in Michigan...

1 comment:
Everyone should have a pony.....pretty picture!
Post a Comment