Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The new love of my life

As you may know, many pregnant women have a hard time sleeping. I often run into this problem. Usually it starts when I wake up to use the restroom. When I get back into bed there is a lot of tossing and turning and staring at the ceiling, wall, or into the hallway. It's very frustrating!

Usually I sleep with a pillow in between my knees because it's more comfortable that way, but most of the time I wake up and the pillow has moved to either the end of the bed or is laying on the floor.

Over the weekend we went to visit friends of ours who have a one month old little boy and they suggested using a body pillow. I had thought of this before, but didn't think it would make that big of a difference, and also thought it would just end up taking most of the room on the bed. So, yesterday I went out and bought one, and also a nice soft cover to go with it.

O.M.G.!!! I slept sooo well! There wasn't any tossing or turning going on, I pretty much stayed in one position all night (pillow between knees and hugging the top part of the pillow), and when I returned to the bed after using the restroom I fell back asleep I'm guessing immediately! Awesome night of rest!!!

OH, another thing that probably helped was that I purchased some new pj's to wear because the ones I had been wearing were from my pre-pregnancy days and did not accommodate my growing belly.

Moral of the story? Body pillows are GREAT!!!

2 comments:

meganruth09 said...

I totally AGREE!!! I got a body pillow too, and it made all the difference. I'm glad you found it so you can sleep well!

Unknown said...

Oh yes! I LOVED my Snoogle. Even used it for awhile after I had the baby :)

P.S. I want a belly shot!